SAINT Edge Pistol Features
Springfield Armory’s brand new SAINT Edge Pistol combines the most popular features of the most premium SAINT in the lineup with the compact shootability of a pistol platform.
With the same features the make the SAINT Edge a premium rifle, the SAINT Edge Pistol in 5.56 allows for maximum portability and ease of use in close quarters. The lightweight billet-machined lower receiver compliments the patent-pending full-length free float handguard, and the 10.3″ lightweight 1:8 twist CMV barrel creates a comfortable, quick-handling and versatile platform. The rugged Maxim Defense CQB adjustable pistol brace reduces size, stabilizes recoil, and enhances accuracy in one or two-handed operation.
The lower receiver is machined, rather than forged, from aircraft grade 7075 T6 billet aluminum, and features Springfield Armory’s proprietary adjustable Accu-Tite tension system, designed to eliminate movement between the upper and lower receivers. A crisp SA match short reset trigger system provides the feel of a competitions trigger in a tactical platform. The flat-top upper receiver is Type III hard-coat anodized 7075 T6 aluminum, with a forward assist and M4 feed ramps for reliable cycling. The enhanced M16 bold carrier group is finished with a super had Melonite and carries a premium 9310 HPT/MPI steel bolt, superior to Mil-Spec. The charging handle is Springfield Armory’s exclusive mid-size design for enhanced operation.
The patent-pending slim free-%uFB02oat aluminum handguard is M-Lok compatible to give you an almost unlimited choice of accessories, with multiple mounting points for slings, lights and other equipment. An aluminum forward hand stop is included to keep your support hand clear of the muzzle. Under the handguard, a carbine-length multi/mode adjustable gas black allows for tuning to specific ammo or suppressor use, and is pinned to the barrel for reliable operation, eliminating the concern of the block coming out of alignment. Unlike other “optics ready” pistols that are unusable out of the box, the Edge Pistol comes complete with front and rear spring loaded flip-up sights, allowing you to take this SAINT immediately to the range. The 1/2 MOA windage adjustable dual aperture rear sight, and 1/2 MOA elevation-adjustable front sight can be folded down or used to co-witness with optics.
The compact SAINT Edge Pistol is the perfect companion for personal defense. At just 24 6″ with the brace collapsed, and weighing only 5 lbs, 11.5 ounces. the newest SAINT pistol from Springfield Armory delivers a lot of power in a small package.
SAINT Edge Pistol Specifications
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington
- Magazines: (1) 30 Round PMAG Gen M3
- Barrel: 10.3″ Lightweight Profile CMV, Melonite Treatment
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Front Sights: SA Spring Loaded Flip-up, 1/2 MOA Adjustable
- Rear Sights: SA Spring Loaded Low Profile Flip-up, Dual Aperture Sight, 1/2 MOA Windage Adjustable
- Muzzle Device: A-2 Flash Suppressor
- Trigger: SA Match Single Stage with Short Reset
- Upper Receiver: Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, made of 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver: 7075 T6 Billet with Accu-Tite Tension System
- Handguard: M-Lok Aluminum SA Patent Pending Free Float with SA Locking Tabs and Forward Hand Stop
- Gas System: Carbine Length, SA Low Porfile .625 Adjustable Pinned Gas Block
- Receiver Ext: Integral with Maxim System
- BCG: Enhanced M16 Melonite, MPT / 9310 Steel Bolt
- Buffer Assembly: Maxim System
- Charging Handle: SA Mid-Size
- Forearm Brace: Maxim Defense CQB, Adjustable – 4 Positions
- Safety Switch: Ambidextrous
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Pistol Grip: Bravo Company Mod. 3
- Length: Extended 28.5″ / Collapsed 24.6″
- Weight: 5 lbs 11.5 oz